Last night someone did me a great honor by asking me to teach them to call. We'll see if that happens (I still feel like the beginner!), but it made me think about what I would do if I did teach someone.
This particular person happens to have some musical background, so that inspired me to diagram the dance I first learned how to call in my music notation software. I've included....
- Labelled A and B sections
- The measures split into beats with each beat labelled
- Brackets that explain where the figures fall and how many beats they take
- Notes showing the rise and fall of (my) voice in the calls
- Accent marks for stressed syllables
- Simple calls that, I believe, would work just fine.
So here it is, a caller's musical breakdown of The Baby Rose by David Kaynor.
(Apologies for the blurriness, I'm still getting the hang of this blog thing!)