Friday, June 3, 2011

My first time as Coordinating Caller

To sum up the entire evening, I would like to quote J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!"

Briefly put, calling an entire evening by myself is small potatoes in comparison to wrangling together an entire army of callers for one evening! I still feel like I don't deserve this honor, but thank you to all the Glenside callers who found me worthy!

Coordinating is truly an art form unique to calling! How does one put together a fun, diverse program that fits the group and that includes dances suggested by the callers themselves and not necessarily chosen by me? It was challenging, like one of those puzzles where you have to slide one piece so you can slide another, and so on, to form a complete picture.

Last night was officially a "dry run," and I do hope I will get to experience the honor of leading the charge sometime soon!

One of my favorite moments was having my own calling mentor there as well as my own padawan learner. 3 generations of callers in the same room, how amazing!

Oh, and did anyone else catch my brother's AWESOME guitar solo??

To all my calling, dancing, and musician friends, thank you for your patience, energy and support!



No comments:

Post a Comment